Product Description & Reviews
Valentine's Day, 1968 in San Francisco's legendary Carousel Ballroom was an extraordinary experience, and it's all captured here - as the first complete show in the Road Trips series. Thanks to a trusty 8-track tape machine, we can enjoy this magical performance that catches the band at a pivotal moment in the exploration of their own sound. It was a night where the band tried out all their newest songs - ones that we now know as classics!
The package includes an essay by Blair Jackson with some amazing anecdotes about Neal Cassady's powerful impact on the band.
All discs are mastered (in HDCD) by Jeffrey Norman.
1. Morning Dew
2. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
3. Dark Star
4. China Cat Sunflower
5. The Eleven
6. Turn On Your Lovelight
Bonus tracks from January 1968:
7. Viola Lee Blues (1/20/68 Eureka)
8. Beat It On Down the Line (1/23/68 Seattle)
1. That's It For The Other One
i. Cryptical Envelopment
ii. The Other One
iii. Cryptical Envelopment
2. New Potato Caboose
3. Born Cross-Eyed
4. Spanish Jam
6. Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)
8. In the Midnight Hour
1. Viola Lee Blues (1/23/68 Seattle)
2. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl (1/20/68 Eureka)
3. New Potato Caboose (1/30/68 Eugene)
4. Dark Star (1/23/68 Seattle)
5. China Cat Sunflower (1/23/68 Seattle)
6. The Eleven (1/23/68 Seattle)
7. Turn On Your Lovelight (1/23/68 Seattle)
9. Hurts Me Too (1/23/68 Seattle)
10. Dark Star (2/2/68 Portland)
Features & Highlights
|Package Weight:||0.18 pounds|
|Package Size:||4.97 x 0.54 x 0.54 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.